Unit Box Ltd (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms of Website Use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Unit Box Limited (a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 09020828. and our registered office is; 198 Cookham Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 7HN. Our main trading address is: Ground Floor, Westside Complex, Pinewood Studios, Pinewood Road, Buckinghamshire, SL00NH. Our VAT number is 187915850.) which is the person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data are, or are to be, processed/used.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is the Director of Operations.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site unitbox.tv (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service or hiring or purchasing goods from us, posting material or requesting further information or services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our site.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
• Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
• Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do all we reasonably can to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
• Provide customer service, including services in connection with the business operations of ARRI, such as warranties, guarantees and customer service;
• Make upgrades, updates and bug fixes for your products available to you;
• Obtain your opinion on our products and services and conduct product surveys;
• Provide you with the latest information on our products and services, including suggestions and special offers that you may be interested in;
• Improve our products and services for you;
• Conduct competitions, contests and other promotional offers and marketing activities;
• Ensure that you are only able to access this website by means of the interface provided by us for this purpose.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone or email. Selected third parties will only receive personal data to the extent necessary to provide the service concerned. We do not allow third parties to use your personal data for any other purpose.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please un-check the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration page).
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Unit Box Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Website Use or terms and conditions of supply Terms & Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Unit Box Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by un-checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
› Visit our Homepage.